* Re: [9fans] Bitsy armpaq.proto
@ 2002-04-28 13:56 rob pike, esq.
From: rob pike, esq. @ 2002-04-28 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Who stole /arm/bin/auth/fgui  ?

To keep the distribution small, we included binaries only for the 386.
To build all the ARM goodies,
	cd /sys/src
	objtype=arm
	mk install

-rob

* Re: [9fans] Bitsy armpaq.proto
@ 2002-04-28 16:28 plan9
From: plan9 @ 2002-04-28 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

:-) Don't try it, you may be surprised...

* Re: [9fans] Bitsy armpaq.proto
@ 2002-04-28 15:50 rob pike, esq.
From: rob pike, esq. @ 2002-04-28 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

This looks much closer to the full script.  Again for space reasons,
we didn't package binaries for the other compilers, so you must build
them first (with objtype=386).  Then you can build the libraries and
user-level programs.  But the bitsy kernel needs booting stuff, so you
must then build in /sys/src/boot/arm before you can build in
/sys/src/9/bitsy.

-rob

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1899 bytes --]

From: andrey mirtchovski <andrey@lanl.gov>
To: <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: Re: [9fans] Bitsy armpaq.proto
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 09:41:09 -0600 (MDT)

if you're talking about mk-ing the distribution, it fails because 5[acl]
binaries are not included.. something like this will succesfully compile
the bitsy port:

#!/bin/rc
objtype=386
for (i in /sys/src/cmd/5*) { cd $i && mk install }
objtype=arm
cd /sys/src/ && mk install
cd /sys/src/boot/arm && mk install
cd /sys/src/9/bitsy && mk

@ 2002-04-28 15:41 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2002-04-28 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2002-04-28 15:35 Sape Mullender
From: Sape Mullender @ 2002-04-28 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> :-) Don't try it, you may be surprised...

Make sure you install arm binaries before making paqdisk.
Watch the error messages about missing files from
processing the proto file.

	Sape

* [9fans] Bitsy armpaq.proto
@ 2002-04-28 14:54 plan9
From: plan9 @ 2002-04-28 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Congratulations,

The Bitsy port looks better than its previous version. Just one question ..... :-)

Who stole /arm/bin/auth/fgui  ?