On Jun 17, 2009, at 1:54 AM, Charles Forsyth wrote: >> The only drawback so far seems to be the fact that if one >> needs flexibility, then every file becomes a subdirectory. >> Not that it is scary or anything, but it smells too much >> of resource forks (or may be I'm just too easily scared). > > it's the other way round: they ought to have represented > collections of related data and metadata using directories > instead of inventing rubbish like resource forks. They sort-of-kind-of got there in Mac OS X with `application bundles' that are just specially named directories with some canonical contents. It'll take another major systems change for them to wean themselves off of resource forks entirely, I expect. *chad