* [9fans] Plan 9 & VirtualBox
@ 2009-10-23 23:28 Sam'l B
From: Sam'l B @ 2009-10-23 23:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

	Is anyone working on making them play nice together?  Is it possible,
even?

	I  get slightly farther with VirtualBox on Vista Home Basic   than on
Fedora 11, but then things come to a complete halt.

Sam'l  B.
(User, not Programmer)

* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 & VirtualBox
@ 2009-10-24 16:53 ` Jacob Todd
From: Jacob Todd @ 2009-10-24 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 04:28:20PM -0700, Sam'l B wrote:
> 	Is anyone working on making them play nice together?  Is it possible,
> even?
>
> 	I  get slightly farther with VirtualBox on Vista Home Basic   than on
> Fedora 11, but then things come to a complete halt.
>
> Sam'l  B.
> (User, not Programmer)

Plan 9 works fine in qemu on both windows (xp at least) and linux.

--
Jake Todd
// If it isn't broke, tweak it!

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 205 bytes --]

* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 & VirtualBox
@ 2009-10-24 21:07   ` Sam Watkins
From: Sam Watkins @ 2009-10-24 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 04:53:23PM +0000, Jacob Todd wrote:
> Plan 9 works fine in qemu on both windows (xp at least) and linux.

I found 9vx works well so far.

Sam

* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 & VirtualBox
@ 2009-10-26 19:41   ` Jack Norton
From: Jack Norton @ 2009-10-26 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Jacob Todd wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 04:28:20PM -0700, Sam'l B wrote:
>
>> 	Is anyone working on making them play nice together?  Is it possible,
>> even?
>>
>> 	I  get slightly farther with VirtualBox on Vista Home Basic   than on
>> Fedora 11, but then things come to a complete halt.
>>
>> Sam'l  B.
>> (User, not Programmer)
>>

> Plan 9 works fine in qemu on both windows (xp at least) and linux.

I will vouch for plan 9 working in qemu in windows 7 rc.  There is even
a nice qemu gui that gives you a virtualbox-like experience (I forget
the name -- could it be kqemu?).
-Jack

* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 & VirtualBox
@ 2009-10-26 19:41     ` Sam'l B.
From: Sam'l B. @ 2009-10-26 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Many thanks -- I'll try that.

Sam'l B.

Jack Norton wrote:
> Jacob Todd wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 04:28:20PM -0700, Sam'l B wrote:
>>
>>>     Is anyone working on making them play nice together?  Is it
>>> possible, even?
>>>
>>>     I  get slightly farther with VirtualBox on Vista Home Basic
>>> than on Fedora 11, but then things come to a complete halt.
>>>
>>> Sam'l  B.
>>> (User, not Programmer)
>>>

>> Plan 9 works fine in qemu on both windows (xp at least) and linux.
>>

> I will vouch for plan 9 working in qemu in windows 7 rc.  There is even
> a nice qemu gui that gives you a virtualbox-like experience (I forget
> the name -- could it be kqemu?).
> -Jack

* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 & VirtualBox
@ 2009-10-26 20:59     ` Antonio Hernández Blas
From: Antonio Hernández Blas @ 2009-10-26 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 1:41 PM, Jack Norton <jack@0x6a.com> wrote:
> Jacob Todd wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 04:28:20PM -0700, Sam'l B wrote:
>>

>>>        Is anyone working on making them play nice together?  Is it
>>> possible, even?
>>>
>>>        I  get slightly farther with VirtualBox on Vista Home Basic   than
>>> on Fedora 11, but then things come to a complete halt.
>>>
>>> Sam'l  B.
>>> (User, not Programmer)
>>>

>> Plan 9 works fine in qemu on both windows (xp at least) and linux.
>>

> I will vouch for plan 9 working in qemu in windows 7 rc.  There is even a
> nice qemu gui that gives you a virtualbox-like experience (I forget the name
> -- could it be kqemu?).
> -Jack

Maybe you´are talking about "Qemu Manager"
(http://www.davereyn.co.uk/about.htm).

--
- hba

* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 & VirtualBox
@ 2009-10-26 21:21       ` Jack Norton
From: Jack Norton @ 2009-10-26 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Antonio Hernández Blas wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 1:41 PM, Jack Norton <jack@0x6a.com> wrote:
>
>> Jacob Todd wrote:

>>> Plan 9 works fine in qemu on both windows (xp at least) and linux.
>>>

>> I will vouch for plan 9 working in qemu in windows 7 rc.  There is even a
>> nice qemu gui that gives you a virtualbox-like experience (I forget the name
>> -- could it be kqemu?).
>> -Jack
>>

> Maybe you´are talking about "Qemu Manager"
> (http://www.davereyn.co.uk/about.htm).

Yes! Thats the one.  Fantastic front end to qemu.  I am obviously not
infront of my pc, or else I would have just ran the app and reported the
name.
So thats qemu, and qemu manager that work with windows 7 rc.
-Jack