From: Jonas Amoson <jonas.amoson@home.se>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] instructions to use .eps in troff wanted
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 23:16:45 +0100	[thread overview]

The documents in /sys/doc does not contain many EPS
pictures, but you can look at /sys/doc/8�/8�.ms Here
is an example of what I used in my submission to
IWP9'09 (I am using the ms macros):

.KF
.sp
.BP figures/lyxlinux.eps 4.0
.EP
.DS C
Figure 1: Screenshot of LyX running under Linux.
.DE
.sp
.KE

.KF and .KE means that the picture "floats" in the document.
.sp is vertical space
.BP is inclusion of the eps file, 4 inches in height.
.DS C Means that the caption (picture description) is centred.
(did not make any automatic counting of figures here)
.DE is end of the caption

And I used the following command (in a mkfile) to generate:

tbl gui.ms | troff -ms -mpictures | dpost -f >gui.ps

As you see, you have to tell that you are using picture
inclusion macros. Everything under plan 9, using groff
might differ...

/Jonas