* [9fans] instructions to use .eps in troff wanted
@ 2009-11-19  9:12 Rudolf Sykora
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Rudolf Sykora @ 2009-11-19  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello,

is there any good place where I could read how to embed some pictures into a
troff document?
Preferably a way that works in plan9, too...
I can't find much about it anywhere.
What do you use?

Thanks
Ruda

* Re: [9fans] instructions to use .eps in troff wanted
@ 2009-11-19  9:20 ` Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2009-11-19  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> is there any good place where I could read how to embed some pictures into a
> troff document?

mpictures(6)

* Re: [9fans] instructions to use .eps in troff wanted
@ 2009-11-19 22:16 ` Jonas Amoson
       [not found]   ` <a560a5d00911300623p6343c54ag993b080d3821372e@mail.gmail.com>
From: Jonas Amoson @ 2009-11-19 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

The documents in /sys/doc does not contain many EPS
pictures, but you can look at /sys/doc/8�/8�.ms Here
is an example of what I used in my submission to
IWP9'09 (I am using the ms macros):

.KF
.sp
.BP figures/lyxlinux.eps 4.0
.EP
.DS C
Figure 1: Screenshot of LyX running under Linux.
.DE
.sp
.KE

.KF and .KE means that the picture "floats" in the document.
.sp is vertical space
.BP is inclusion of the eps file, 4 inches in height.
.DS C Means that the caption (picture description) is centred.
(did not make any automatic counting of figures here)
.DE is end of the caption

And I used the following command (in a mkfile) to generate:

tbl gui.ms | troff -ms -mpictures | dpost -f >gui.ps

As you see, you have to tell that you are using picture
inclusion macros. Everything under plan 9, using groff
might differ...

/Jonas

@ 2009-11-20  3:23   ` Anthony Sorace
       [not found]   ` <a560a5d00911300623p6343c54ag993b080d3821372e@mail.gmail.com>
From: Anthony Sorace @ 2009-11-20  3:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

For my company, I generate contracts using troff on Plan 9. The
contracts all contain my digital signature - that is, a postscript
image of my signature - like so:

.BP /usr/a/Pictures/sigs/signature.ps .5 "" "" "" l

I generate postscript for these documents like so:

troff -mm -mpictures foo.mm | lp -d stdout | addpsfonts > foo.ps

* Re: [9fans] instructions to use .eps in troff wanted
@ 2009-11-20  9:37     ` Rudolf Sykora
From: Rudolf Sykora @ 2009-11-20  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Thank you all :)

@ 2009-11-23 12:10 ` matt
From: matt @ 2009-11-23 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Rudolf Sykora wrote:

> Hello,
>
> is there any good place where I could read how to embed some pictures
> into a troff document?
> Preferably a way that works in plan9, too...
> I can't find much about it anywhere.
> What do you use?
>
> Thanks
> Ruda