From: Daniel Patterson <dbp@riseup.net>
To: 9fans@9fans.net
Subject: Re: [9fans] Is there a Live USB version of Plan 9?
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 22:51:46 -0500	[thread overview]

I don't think there is a prepackaged version, but man 8 prep has an
example at the bottom to create a bootable usb disk. I believe the
problem I ran into (and that has been outlined in the list; look for
posts by Newsham) is the support for the usb disk within the bootloader
(getting the bootloader going isn't too difficult, it is allowing it to
actually load the kernel from the usb disk that is). Look also to work
Newsham did with the OLPC - but that was possible by leveraging Open
Firmware.

Though if there were (or someone had more info) I would appreciate it as
well!

(new 9fan, been lurking for a little while).