Hello, A colleague put me on to Plan9, some of whose online documentation I have read with interest, in particular the "Hello World" discussion as it relates to Unicode/UTF-8. I'm one of the authors of the Cuneiform proposal now encoded under Unicode (see block U+12000), and I'm interesting in lex/yacc-like parsing of Unicode input to produce (among other things) Cuneiform output. I realize some of the documentation was written long ago... so I'm unclear as to whether or not (or how easily) Plan9 (and specifically its lex/yacc software, etc.) handles such things? (this sparked by the references to four hex digits etc.) Many thanks if you can point me in the right direction :) (or to an alternative solution, if need be!) Best K Karljürgen G. Feuerherm, PhD Department of Archaeology and Classical Studies Wilfrid Laurier University 75 University Avenue West Waterloo, Ontario N2L 3C5 Tel. (519) 884-1970 x3193 Fax (519) 883-0991 (ATTN Arch. & Classics)