From: Jens Staal <staal1978@gmail.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] fun with replica and pull
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 17:24:30 +0100	[thread overview]

2011-12-20 17:09, Federico Benavento skrev:
> On Dec 20, 2011, at 12:57 PM, ron minnich wrote:
>> it reminds me of why we went with hg on the NIX tree.
>>
> because at the time you did it things like bitbucket and the hg port came to exist?
>
> so what one should do, use replica to sync with sources and move the all the contribs
> to bitbucket google code?

That sounds like a pretty good idea :)

I played with a similar idea with the
http://code.google.com/p/ports2plan9/

I am however still a beginner (I hope to improve my Plan9 skills and
learn as I go along with various (increasingly advanced) porting efforts
without actually having an "agenda" or aim as such), but if people want
to upload their contribs to that repository they are free to do so.

By the way - is someone working on an update of the Python2 port? and
what about the hg-git plugin? Just wondering if I should start playing
with those or leave that to someone else.