* [9fans] xen terminal
@ 2007-04-05 19:42 Phil Kulin
From: Phil Kulin @ 2007-04-05 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I have a cpu/file/auth server.
I started terminal under Xen
>=================================
root@xen:~# cat /etc/xen/plan9term
kernel = "/home/xen/9xenpcf.gz"
memory = 32
name = "plan9term"
vif = [ 'bridge=xenbr0' ]
extra="""
debugfactotum=
nobootprompt=il!192.168.1.6!17008
fs=192.168.1.6
auth=192.168.1.6
"""
root@xen:~# xm create plan9term -c
Using config file "/etc/xen/plan9term".
Started domain plan9term

Plan 9
127 holes free
001ad000 00dcf000 12722176
12722176 bytes free
cpu0: 551MHz GenuineIntel PentiumIII/Xeon (cpuid: AX 0x0681 DX 0x383F9FF)
#l0: xen: 100Mbps port 0x0 irq -1: 00163e47240b
32M memory: 14M kernel data, 18M user, 96M swap
cpu0: spurious interrupt 101, last 0
user[none]: bootes
version...time...

init: starting /bin/rc

init: starting /bin/rc
% who
bootes
% cpu
cpu# who
none
cpu# <Ctrl+D>
% ls -l /usr/bootes
--rw------- M 9 bootes bootes 425 Apr  1 16:20 /usr/bootes/acme.dump
--rw-rw-r-- M 9 bootes bootes   0 Feb  1 12:38 /usr/bootes/echo
--rw-rw-r-- M 9 bootes bootes  69 Feb  1 12:36 /usr/bootes/factotum
d-rwxrwxr-x M 9 bootes bootes   0 Apr  1 16:33 /usr/bootes/lib
--rw-rw-r-- M 9 bootes bootes   0 Feb 11 17:29 /usr/bootes/profile
--rw-rw-r-- M 9 bootes bootes   0 Feb 11 17:29 /usr/bootes/prog
--rw-rw-r-- M 9 bootes bootes   0 Mar 23 21:53 /usr/bootes/test.m
d-rwxrwxr-x M 9 bootes bootes   0 Apr  1 16:20 /usr/bootes/tmp
% mkdir /usr/bootes/test
mkdir: can't create /usr/bootes/test: '/usr/bootes/test'
'./usr/bootes/test' permission denied
%
>=============================
/sys/log/auth on cpu server is silent.
But... on this terminal started factotum manualy:
>=============================
% auth/factotum
% who
bootes
% cpu

!Adding key: dom=plan9.schors.spb.ru proto=p9sk1
user[bootes]:
password:
!
cpu# who
bootes
none
cpu#
>=============================
What's wrong? I want to mount my root filesystem with true
permissions, and want to write to my home directory..

--
Non nobis Domine non nobis sed Nomini Tuo da gloriam
Phil Kulin

* Re: [9fans] xen terminal
@ 2007-04-05 20:34 ` Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2007-04-05 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> nobootprompt=il!192.168.1.6!17008
> fs=192.168.1.6
> auth=192.168.1.6
> user[none]: bootes
> version...time...

Because there isn't a password: prompt after the user: prompt,
I think that means you have started fs service on 192.168.1.6
without authentication (e.g. by using srv -A with fossil). If so,
try it without -A, and make sure you have created a password
for bootes with auth/changeuser.

* Re: [9fans] xen terminal
@ 2007-04-05 20:50   ` Phil Kulin
From: Phil Kulin @ 2007-04-05 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

2007/4/6, Richard Miller <9fans@hamnavoe.com>:

> Because there isn't a password: prompt after the user: prompt,
> I think that means you have started fs service on 192.168.1.6
> without authentication (e.g. by using srv -A with fossil). If so,
> try it without -A, and make sure you have created a password
> for bootes with auth/changeuser.

Hm.. Where I may to see, how fs service starts? Standart instalation
with xen cpuf kernel. Not in cpurc...

And... what about cpu command? Why isn't user/password prompt on it?
But after starting new factotum I see this propmts.

--

@ 2007-04-06  8:28   ` Phil Kulin
From: Phil Kulin @ 2007-04-06  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

2007/4/6, Richard Miller <9fans@hamnavoe.com>:

> Because there isn't a password: prompt after the user: prompt,
> I think that means you have started fs service on 192.168.1.6
> without authentication (e.g. by using srv -A with fossil). If so,
> try it without -A, and make sure you have created a password
> for bootes with auth/changeuser.

Of thanks for a direction think. I like have understood where was not
right. For access to root section I started on cpu/file/auth server
"/rc/bin/service/il17008". Apparently, I should refuse this variant,
and it is necessary in /rc/bin/cpurc to add only a command "listen il!
*! 17008" for /srv/fscons. And then I shall find happiness. I am
right?

--

@ 2007-04-06  8:36     ` Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2007-04-06  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> and it is necessary in /rc/bin/cpurc to add only a command "listen il!
> *! 17008" for /srv/fscons.

Yes, that's right.  Sorry for my previous misleading message, I was
confusing 'srv' and 'listen'.

Instead of adding a command to cpurc, you could put the 'srv'
into the fossil configuration (using /fossil/conf command).

* Re: [9fans] xen terminal
@ 2007-04-06 11:22       ` Phil Kulin
From: Phil Kulin @ 2007-04-06 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

2007/4/6, Richard Miller <9fans@hamnavoe.com>:
> > and it is necessary in /rc/bin/cpurc to add only a command "listen il!
> > *! 17008" for /srv/fscons.
> Yes, that's right.  Sorry for my previous misleading message, I was
> confusing 'srv' and 'listen'.
> Instead of adding a command to cpurc, you could put the 'srv'
> into the fossil configuration (using /fossil/conf command).

Great! It realy works :) I asked for user two times and password. File
system mounted with my own permissiones and "cpu" command works
without additional promptes.
But... if I put "listen il!192.168.1.6!17008" into fossil
configuration, then system don't known my IP address at boot time, and
command not accepted with error message: "not a local IP address". I
must to define IP address in plan9.ini , or use additional configure
command in cpurc script. I am right?

Thanks :)  Long-term experience of designing and creation shared
hosting UNIX-based systems badly affects correct understanding of a
plan9 way :).