* [9fans] auth_proxy: write fd: file does not exist
@ 2004-03-29 22:02 plan9fans
From: plan9fans @ 2004-03-29 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi

I am trying to get a single machine to
serve CPU/fossil/venti/auth.

Venti and fossil are happy.

keyfs seems OK - If I boot my terminal standalone
auth/debug to the server is happy with both my
username and bootes.

The secstore seems to work - put and get are OK and
when I network boot a terminal off the server I can
see a GET of 'factotum'.

The secstore contents is correct, I use the same
list of keys cat'ed int /mnt/factotum/ctl on my
standalone terminals.

All the below give the correct results, though
auth/debug checks them implicitly I beleive.
	ndb/ipquery ip xx.xx.xx.xx auth
	ndb/ipquery ip xx.xx.xx.xx fs
	ndb/ipquery ip xx.xx.xx.xx cpu
	ndb/ipquery authdom mydom.com auth

BUT

When I try to boot from the server (pulling only
9load from the terminals hard drive), the kernel loads
(even bootp is OK), I enter my username and secstore
password and get:
	Version...
	Authentication failed (auth_proxy write fd: file does not exist), trying anyways.

	[panic and stackdump]

Other very suspicious symptom is that cpu from a
standalone terminal to the server also fails (even though
auth/debug is happy).

	cpu -h felix
	cpu: can't authenticate: felix: auth_proxy rpc write: cpu: srvauth:: auth server protocol botch

Pointers?

-Steve

* Re: [9fans] auth_proxy: write fd: file does not exist
@ 2004-03-29 23:38 ` Geoff Collyer
From: Geoff Collyer @ 2004-03-29 23:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Do you have an `nvram' partition (or `plan9.nvr' file on floppy) with
your hostowner, password and domain recorded in it by the kernel or
auth/wrkey?

* Re: [9fans] auth_proxy: write fd: file does not exist
@ 2004-03-30  9:29 ` Xning Lee
From: Xning Lee @ 2004-03-30  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

plan9fans@ntlworld.nospam.com writes:

> When I try to boot from the server (pulling only
> 9load from the terminals hard drive), the kernel loads
> (even bootp is OK), I enter my username and secstore
> password and get:
> 	Version...
> 	Authentication failed (auth_proxy write fd: file does not exist), trying anyways.
>
> 	[panic and stackdump]
>
> Other very suspicious symptom is that cpu from a
> standalone terminal to the server also fails (even though
> auth/debug is happy).
>
> 	cpu -h felix
> 	cpu: can't authenticate: felix: auth_proxy rpc write: cpu: srvauth:: auth server protocol botch

Before a few of days, I seem to have same question,
when I do the following steps, then it's ok.

mv /rc/bin/service.auth/authsrv.il566 /rc/bin/service.auth/il566
mv /rc/bin/service.auth/authsrv.tcp567 /rc/bin/service.auth/tcp567
mv /rc/bin/service/il566 /rc/bin/service/_il566
mv /rc/bin/service/tcp567 /rc/bin/service/_tcp567

* Re: [9fans] auth_proxy: write fd: file does not exist
@ 2004-03-30 10:30 plan9fans
From: plan9fans @ 2004-03-30 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Tue Mar 30 00:40:26 BST 2004, geoff@collyer.net wrote:
> Do you have an `nvram' partition (or `plan9.nvr' file on floppy) with
> your hostowner, password and domain recorded in it by the kernel or
> auth/wrkey?

Yep, I wrote them to a partition with auth/wrkey, I did it twice in fact,
as I was worried I had misstyped somthing, I hadn't.

On Tue Mar 30 10:46:49 BST 2004, xning@soforge.com wrote:
> Before a few of days, I seem to have same question,
> when I do the following steps, then it's ok.
>
> mv /rc/bin/service.auth/authsrv.il566 /rc/bin/service.auth/il566
> mv /rc/bin/service.auth/authsrv.tcp567 /rc/bin/service.auth/tcp567
> mv /rc/bin/service/il566 /rc/bin/service/_il566
> mv /rc/bin/service/tcp567 /rc/bin/service/_tcp567

I thought I had done this, I certinally meant to, though I have obviously
missed somthing. I will check later (the server is at home, and I am at work).

Thanks Geoff and Xning (or should I say Lee ?)

-Steve