* Re: [9fans] Les Misérables
@ 2009-01-17  1:14 Akshat Kumar
From: Akshat Kumar @ 2009-01-17  1:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

the subject header in the last message came out to be very ugly
due to GMail's default encoding. now using Unicode

sorry
ak

* [9fans]  Les Mis?rables
@ 2009-01-19 17:39 jimmy brisson
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: jimmy brisson @ 2009-01-19 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

From: jmk@pla...
Subject: Re: [9fans] Writing device drivers
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 00:58:38 -0400

>I'd try something simpler than the WPN311
>to start with. I think it uses the Atheros 5212
>chip and I looked at writing a driver for that a
>few weeks ago and decided it was probably more man
>years than I had available.

you seem to be right.

on another note, MadWifi recently released ALL of the sorce included
for their drivers(Including the HAL crap). this allows for a complete
analisys of the project at hand.

If you want me to do something simpler for the time being, I will.
Otherwise I will begin to look at both plan 9 sources and madwifi
sources.

-Jimmy

* Re: [9fans] Les Mis?rables
@ 2009-01-19  6:53 jimmy brisson
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: jimmy brisson @ 2009-01-19  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>Although there is already an ircfs for Inferno, since I don't want to run Inferno
>outside of Plan 9, and certainly not over a remote connection to Plan 9 (these
>also being my only options -- unless someone wants to start creating drivers for
>Atheros wireless cards), I've begun work on an FS backed IRC client for native
>Plan 9. Steve Q.

When did supporting Atheros wireless cards stop being a solution?

As a High School senior, I have tons of time on my hands, but very
little experince.
Therefore, I am could be handed the sorce for a working wifi driver
and replicate it for
Atheros based cards (using my current linux wifi driver for reference).
In other words, could someone point me in the right direction?
thanks,
Jimmy

* [9fans] Les Misérables
@ 2009-01-17  1:07 Akshat Kumar