* Re: [9fans] Ipaq 3650
@ 2002-10-31  8:41 Fco.J.Ballesteros
From: Fco.J.Ballesteros @ 2002-10-31  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I use Plan 9 on the 3630. It works nicely there.
I use acme and wcal while standalone, which gives me
the same things I'd have on other PDAs (or w/ other OSes).

With either a pcmcia HD plugged in, or a wavelan card
plugged in, aplay makes it a nice mp3 player.

With the wavelan card plugged in, it's nice as a mail reader.

In any case, beware that once you install Plan 9 your
windows will be gone. (you can reinstall it later but I
don't know of anybody that did it).

Beware also that you'd need an old linux boot loader, since
newer ones seem not to allow the suspend/resume code to work.

hth

PS: I updated the wiki a little bit.

* [9fans] Ipaq 3650
@ 2002-10-30 18:44 Sam
From: Sam @ 2002-10-30 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I recently received an ipaq from a friend and I'ld like to
get plan9 running on it.  I've skimmed the wiki and didn't
see anything on plan9 & PDAs.  Is the system fairly useable
as a PDA?  Does character recognition - a la drawing on the
screen - work?  Has anyone written applications suitable for
PDA use?  I think it would be a fun project to get it up
and running, but if the end result is only useful to those
type of folks who enjoy showing off their non-MS OS, well ...
I'll just stick to the Crappy Environment that's on it.

Cheers,

Sam