* [9fans] USB HDD connection problem
@ 2009-08-05 15:50 Bela Valek
From: Bela Valek @ 2009-08-05 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi,

I have a problem with connecting USB HDD. When i plug it in, i get
this error message: /boot/usbd: /dev/usb/ep5.0: port 8: opendev: can't
open endpoint /dev/usb/ep7.0: '/dev/usb' file does not exist
I get this after several other tries too, only the ep-number and the
port are varied.

- usb/disk gives this:
usb/disk: /dev/usb: no devs

- usbfat: writes:
mount: can't open /srv/usb: '/srv/usb' file does not exist
cannot mount /srv/usb

The USB mouse works.

Greetings: Béla

* Re: [9fans] USB HDD connection problem
@ 2009-08-20  7:02           ` Bela Valek
From: Bela Valek @ 2009-08-20  7:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I tried a recent distribution image (Aug15). The live CD worked with
my external harddrive, after plugging it in i issued 'usbfat:', and i
was able to read and write files on it. When I installed it, 'usbfat:'
said that there are no usb disks. usbd was running (5 threads), I will
try ls '#u' when i have access to the machine.

@ 2009-08-19 16:06         ` Francisco J Ballesteros
From: Francisco J Ballesteros @ 2009-08-19 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

@ 2009-08-08 11:08       ` Bela Valek
From: Bela Valek @ 2009-08-08 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

@ 2009-08-07 10:26     ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2009-08-07 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2009-08-07  6:48   ` Bela Valek
From: Bela Valek @ 2009-08-07  6:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

There is more:

I don't have a usbdisk manpage. '%man usbdisk' complains that its not
there, but if i do a '%lookman usbdisk', the manpage is listed as a
hit, so it must be in the search index.

My 'usb/disk' command doesn't have -f and -l parameters at all. I
downloaded the installation ISO file on the 4th of june. Do you know
something about it?

Both 'usb/usbd' and '/boot/usbd' complain about the same (busy
devices), and the rest of the commands simply doesnt find anything in
'/dev'. So, I cannot try the example in the (nonexistent) usbdisk
manpage, not to mention the nonexistent -f and -l parameters...

Can you help me?

Greetings: Béla

@ 2009-08-06  9:13 ` Bela Valek
From: Bela Valek @ 2009-08-06  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)