On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 10:20 AM, wrote: > in case you want to use 2 monitors and only switch for keyboard/mouse > input you can use the synergy client [1] for plan9.  (expecting you are > using window/unix on the other machine) > > [1] /n/sources/contrib/cinap_lenrek/synergy.tgz Cinap's synergy client is working very well for me where I run the Synergy server on Windows (although I do keep a PS/2 keyboard plugged into my Plan 9 machine to specify the install location and username at boot time). Even copy/snarf and paste works between machines which is a nice trick. The only fiddly bit is configuring the Synergy server on Windows where there is a bit of redundancy. See the attached screenshots. AMD is my Windows machine, everex is my Plan 9 box. The synergy server (for Unix, Windows and OS X) can be found at http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/. John