* Re: [9fans] usb questions
@ 2009-01-18 20:31 ` Francisco J Ballesteros
From: Francisco J Ballesteros @ 2009-01-18 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

We are working on a new usb set of drivers, with hot plugging.
usbd is now able to fire up drivers if necessary.

Ehci will come later.
But don´t hold your breath.

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 4:33 AM,  <cinap_lenrek@gmx.de> wrote:
> 1)
> Is someone currently working on or has some stuff prepared for EHCI
> support for plan9?
>
> 2)
> I found that usbd has sometimes problems with replugging a usb
> device. After killing usbd and restrating it anything works fine. But
> this has the disadvantage that I loose other previously started usb
> drivers like for example a usb/usbaudio running in another window.
>
> It would be nice if can be made possible that you plug a device in and
> usbd activates it and then send a plumbing message. Then some plumber
> rules can start up the apropriate fileserver. In the same way 'Local mount ...'
> works. Here should be a generic rule that these usb driver filesystems just
> exit if they encouter problems during device pulling so the whole thing
> can start over when the device is plugged in again. Does that make any
> sense?
>
> --
> cinap

* [9fans] usb questions
@ 2009-01-19  3:33 cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2009-01-19  3:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2006-03-08 17:08 Ronald G Minnich
From: Ronald G Minnich @ 2006-03-08 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I'm looking at usb and trying to understand something. I have two
systems that only have BARs for memory mapped IO for the USB controllers
(i.e. they are memory BARs, not I/O BARs). As I read the usbuhci code,
it appears that the controller only gets added if BAR[4] has a valid I/O
address; on these controllers it is always zero. I am about to kill a
tree and print the spec, but am wondering what's up here -- why does
plan 9 kernel only add a controller if it has an I/O address?

ron