I've attached my cheesy C version of display.bas that is in the package. You can use it view the faces. It uses libXg that came with 9libs-1.0, so the graphics model is understandable by a human being. I've got popi running on Plan9 also. I guess I should have ask the more direct question: Why isn't a tool like pico available now? not chic anymore? At 10:14 AM 7/18/2002 -0400, anothy@cosym.net wrote: >just out of curiosity, i grabbed the popi stuff from holzmann's >page and gave it a shot. popi, the portable pico, popi, compiles >fine out of the box, although it runs into the buffered IO issue >common to most unix command line programs on Plan 9. i've not >checked to see that it does sensable things with images, though, >mainly because i don't know what to do with popi's output. > >the compiled version of pico available from holzmann's page >doesn't compile. i put no effort into figuring out why. the notes >on holzmann's page are not encouraging in this regard. > >i was not able to pull the version of pico described in Rakitzis' >message, so it's untested. > >anyone got anything to deal with pico (v10 picfile(5)) images? >ア