From: Anthony Sorace <anothy@gmail.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: [9fans] Contrib index, snip
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 17:07:49 -0400	[thread overview]

Folks:
	The contrib index on the wiki [1] hadn't been updated in a long time; I'm
now automatically regenerating it nightly. I've made some minor changes to the
script that does the updates; the most significant is that INDEX files can now
describe files and directories arbitrarily deep in the tree, as
opposed to only in
their own level. More info on the wiki's contrib page [2].

	Unrelated, about a month ago I put together "snip", [3] a little pastebin-like
service for sharing snippets of code (or whatever). Details on the
snip's contrib
page [4], but basic usage is "snip /some/file" to paste a snippet
(/dev/snarf is a
useful /some/file), which will return a path to the new snippet, or "snip"
unadorned, which will list currently-available snippets.

	Snip's gotten decent use in IRC. I was originally planning on embellishing
the server side a bit, but it's not really worth it. I'll move it from
ramfs to disk on
next reboot, and that'll be that.

[1] http://plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/Contrib_index/
[2] http://plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/contrib/
[3] /n/sources/contrib/anothy/bin/rc/snip
[4] http://plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/snip/