* [9fans] vac errors after updating to latest p9p archive
@ 2009-08-16 16:10 Fernan Bolando
From: Fernan Bolando @ 2009-08-16 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi all

Anybody seen this error before
create bsize 8192 psize 8180
vacfsopen 271cb9c9fdc75030ff368bc938ee419e1dbb4bb2
openscore 8192 psize 8160 dsize 8192
vtcachebumpblock: no free blocks in vtCacheAbort trap

I just updated to august 16 version. I am running vac through crontab
under openbsd

regards
fernan

--
http://www.fernski.com

* Re: [9fans] vac errors after updating to latest p9p archive
@ 2009-08-16 16:26 ` Fernan Bolando
From: Fernan Bolando @ 2009-08-16 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 12:10 AM, Fernan Bolando<fernanbolando@mailc.net> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Anybody seen this error before
> create bsize 8192 psize 8180
> vacfsopen 271cb9c9fdc75030ff368bc938ee419e1dbb4bb2
> openscore 8192 psize 8160 dsize 8192
> vtcachebumpblock: no free blocks in vtCacheAbort trap
>
> I just updated to august 16 version. I am running vac through crontab
> under openbsd
>
> regards
> fernan

oops
seeing that I posted this blindly anybody can now gain access to my files.

--

@ 2009-08-17  7:42   ` Daniel Lyons
From: Daniel Lyons @ 2009-08-17  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fernanbolando, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Aug 16, 2009, at 10:26 AM, Fernan Bolando wrote:
> oops
> seeing that I posted this blindly anybody can now gain access to my
> files.

Is this true? I would have thought access to your Venti would be a
requisite too.

—
Daniel Lyons

* Re: [9fans] vac errors after updating to latest p9p archive
@ 2009-08-17  8:32     ` Fernan Bolando
From: Fernan Bolando @ 2009-08-17  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 3:42 PM, Daniel Lyons<fusion@storytotell.org> wrote:

> On Aug 16, 2009, at 10:26 AM, Fernan Bolando wrote:
>>
>> oops
>> seeing that I posted this blindly anybody can now gain access to my files.
>

> Is this true? I would have thought access to your Venti would be a requisite
> too.

That comment was meant as a question also. I dont know plan9 well
enough to make any real comment.

--

@ 2009-08-17 12:21       ` Anthony Sorace
From: Anthony Sorace @ 2009-08-17 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fernanbolando, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

yes, having this score makes your files available to anyone with
access to your venti. i'd suggest keeping it off the public network,
assuming you have things on there you care about.