* [9fans] About a couple of ATI patches...
@ 2007-04-03  1:27 Lorenzo Fernando Bivens de la Fuente
From: Lorenzo Fernando Bivens de la Fuente @ 2007-04-03  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hey there

I sent about a week ago a couple of patches to enable an ATI Sata controller
in 9load and the kernel. I have tested them locally and they are just a
couple of "case" lines in sdata.c and pci.c.

The problem is that I cannot burn CDs now to make an installation disk and I
cannot make a clean install in my computer.

Ok, ok... I did install Plan 9 on a real partition using qemu. That's how I
made the patches and then I tried them real-booting the partition, but
apparently fossil don't like moving from one disk ID to another... and I
cannot boot Fossil (Qemu handles my disk as sdC0 and it is sdE0).

If anyone can take a look at those, they are:
 + 9load-sdata-ati
 + 9load-pci-ati
 + pci-ati
 + sdata-ati

Thanks!!!

------
izaki

* Re: [9fans] About a couple of ATI patches...
@ 2007-04-03 13:28 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2007-04-03 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

what is the error message you're seeing?

the only issue i know of when moving a fs from one disk
to another is that you may need to remove the nobootprompt=
line from your plan9.ini.  i worked around this once with 9load
for something that needed to boot from either sd[CD]0with no
intervention.  it wasn't a pretty hack.

- erik