* Re: [9fans] Matrox G450 PCI - install not working ?
@ 2002-05-02 14:49 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-05-02 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Thanks.  There are two problems.  One is that I forgot
to include the Matrox G4xx drivers on the install
floppy.  The other is that we're not sure whether
the G450's work.  There is someone on the list who
had them working at one point, and perhaps he will
be able to get them going again.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] Matrox G450 PCI - install not working ?
       [not found] <6ac99ec169e9c876bd603ab078462e6f@plan9.bell-labs.com>
@ 2002-05-02 11:18 ` Jatin Nansi
From: Jatin Nansi @ 2002-05-02 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Russ Cox, 9fans

OK,

Contents of vgainfo.txt:

main->snarf
vga->snarf
mga4xx->snarf
mga4xx->snarf
mga4xx: G450 rev 5
sequencer->enter on
sequencer->leave on
mga4xx: can't set mga type

Please let me know what to do next.
Also, sorry for answering so late, but we had 2 days off
here.

Jatin

@ 2002-04-29 15:01 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-04-29 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jatin.nansi, 9fans

@ 2002-04-29 13:48 Peter Bosch
From: Peter Bosch @ 2002-04-29 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Currently only devices with did 0x525 or 0x521 are supported.
Can you figure out which device you have?   I integrated Philippe
Anel's (philippe.anel@noos.fr) matrox driver and tested his driver
on a Matrox G400/AGP.  I had some difficulty getting the G450 to
work.

peter.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2049 bytes --]

From: Jatin Nansi <jatin.nansi@timesgroup.com>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] Matrox G450 PCI - install not working ?
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 10:45:58 GMT

Hi,

I have a PC with a Matrox G450 PCI (on a M/B having onboard i810, no AGP).
I am not able to get the display initialised.
I got the latest 4th release of Plan 9. The install floppy gives this:

<kernel booting OK>

init: starting /bin/rc
dossrv: serving #s/dos
aux/vga: mga4xx: can't set mga typeaux/vga: mga4xx: can't set mga type
rio: can't open display: init display: /dev/draw/new: no frame buffer
init: rc exit status: rc10: rio 70: display open
init: starting /bin/rc
%

Could anyone please guide me to whats wrong?

TIA,

Jatin

* [9fans] Matrox G450 PCI - install not working ?
@ 2002-04-29 10:45 Jatin Nansi