On 12/03/2013 11:47 PM, Charles Forsyth wrote: > > On 3 December 2013 16:04, > wrote: > > To keep the Go distribution honest? Eventually, we'd want as much > convergence as possible, forking the library would make it easier to > diverge without consequences. > > > but it's not a question of forking the library. there's a ton of stuff > under go/src, > so what makes libbio special? why not just compile the one there for > its use, which is the one it expects? > the output goes into a go-specific target directory; what else will care? google and the nsa will care ? -- -- Hi there, NSA 'analysts', in-house and/or contracted. Just reminding you that if you are reading this you are committing a crime, that you are felons mocking the 4th Amendment of our US Constitution ... "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." ... and that someday, really soon I hope, you're going to have to pay for your crimes. You're breaking international laws as well, so if you're thinking of the 'I was only following orders!' defense ... Please see Nuremberg Principle IV ... "The fact that a person acted pursuant to order of his Government or of a superior does not relieve him from responsibility under international law, provided a moral choice was in fact possible to him". ... and start exercising your moral choice. Look upon Thomas Andrews Drake and Edward Snowden as your exemplars and Patron Saints.