* [9fans] acme autocompletion
@ 2014-02-10 20:46 Uvelichitel
From: Uvelichitel @ 2014-02-10 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

	Hi. I know acme authors mean autocompletion destructive (excluding
ctl-F for filepath). Anyway an attempt.
	https://bitbucket.org/uvelichitel/compl
It implemented as external command 'compl' executing in tag. It written
in Go lang and specifically for Go lang. It based on proven engine. It
tested on p9p. Feel free to try. It was not two difficult to make
things working, but I can not clear imagine how autocompletions should
_looks_like_ in acme without hotkeys and floating windows. Suggestion
appreciated and can be implemented.
	Best regards.

* Re: [9fans] acme autocompletion
@ 2014-02-11  7:06 ` Bence Fábián
From: Bence Fábián @ 2014-02-11  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I don't think anyone objects to it as an external command.

@ 2014-02-11 11:33   ` uvelichitel
From: uvelichitel @ 2014-02-11 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: begnoc, 9fans

	Hi,
	It's mostly proof of concept and for personal needs. To say, it do its work. As noticed any suggestion how to organize UI in more meaningful way very appreciated and can be implemented.
	Best regards.

@ 2014-02-11 12:37     ` Friedrich Psiorz
From: Friedrich Psiorz @ 2014-02-11 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi!

I haven't had time to try out your completion system yet, but one thing
I could imagine would be a single completion window for a whole acme
session. While you type in any other window, it gives you suggestions
for completions/insertions. You insert simply by right clicking in
the completion window. Or the system could even watch for a specific
control character to be typed and replace it by the current top
suggestion or the shortest common prefix of all suggestions. For the
people who don't like using the mouse but still like acme (I don't know
if they exist, but maybe).
A good fallback for non-Go files could be to simply list words in the
current window that match the current prefix. Or words that are likely
to follow the preceding word. Or something like that.

~Fritz