On 03/03/2014 10:53 PM, Lyndon Nerenberg wrote: > > On Mar 3, 2014, at 12:52, Alexandru Gheorghe wrote: > >> should we gather some configuration steps/examples for known stable >> builds of vbox and post them in a wiki somewhere(?) > > Yes! That's what the wiki is for. > sure, I agree. I am only enquiring so as to brainstorm if we should actually (and be better of) providing a sort of how-to in debugging network setup on plan9 (besides what is already on the net). i.e., even if somebody runs into trouble (ultimately), it is better off posting his output of: cat /net/ndb ls /net | grep ether (optional) ls /net/ether* ip/ipconfig -DGP in case he/she is running in recv timeout for 15 secs; shortcut: ppid=`{ps | grep ipconfig | awk '{print $2}'} echo kill > /proc/$ppid/note sorry for the ` as I am writing from GNU/Linux this may not fully represent what is needed, but this is what I could gather in few minutes of man pages and some trial and error, after only 30 minutes of Plan9 experience. so I am sure far more experienced users from the mailinglist can contribute to the article I will try to tackle it this weekend from this approach/point of view, maybe I can come up with something rather useful, if not, at least networking setup for the build I use of vbox/os/version etc. -- ; Alexandru Gheorghe ; alghe.global {at} gmail {dot} com ; OpenPGP key ID 0xCAF985D2