* [9fans] dbus fun ;-)
@ 2014-12-04 15:15 Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
From: Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult @ 2014-12-04 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

http://gentooexperimental.org/~patrick/weblog/archives/2014-11.html#e2014-11-23T09_26_01.txt

--
Enrico Weigelt,
metux IT consulting
+49-151-27565287

* Re: [9fans] dbus fun ;-)
@ 2014-12-04 15:35 ` Quintile
From: Quintile @ 2014-12-04 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I looked at dbus  for an embedded Linux project at work a few years ago, I ran screaming.

I convinced them to use an ascii protocol through a virtual file.

much nicer.

-Steve

> On 4 Dec 2014, at 15:15, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult <enrico.weigelt@gr13.net> wrote:
>

> http://gentooexperimental.org/~patrick/weblog/archives/2014-11.html#e2014-11-23T09_26_01.txt
>

> --
> Enrico Weigelt,
> metux IT consulting
> +49-151-27565287

* Re: [9fans] dbus fun ;-)
@ 2014-12-05 16:59   ` Joseph Stewart
From: Joseph Stewart @ 2014-12-05 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Steve... LOVE IT!
BTW, which "virtual file" system did you use on embedded Linux? LIBIXP?

On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 10:35 AM, Quintile <steve@quintile.net> wrote:
> I looked at dbus  for an embedded Linux project at work a few years ago, I ran screaming.
>
> I convinced them to use an ascii protocol through a virtual file.
>
> much nicer.
>
> -Steve
>

>> On 4 Dec 2014, at 15:15, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult <enrico.weigelt@gr13.net> wrote:
>>

>> http://gentooexperimental.org/~patrick/weblog/archives/2014-11.html#e2014-11-23T09_26_01.txt
>>

>> --
>> Enrico Weigelt,
>> metux IT consulting
>> +49-151-27565287

* Re: [9fans] dbus fun ;-)
@ 2014-12-05 17:07     ` Quintile
From: Quintile @ 2014-12-05 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> ipx?

no, fraid not. some files where generated by kernel drivers, others
where just named pipes.

> On 5 Dec 2014, at 16:59, Joseph Stewart <joseph.stewart@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Steve... LOVE IT!
> BTW, which "virtual file" system did you use on embedded Linux? LIBIXP?
>
>> On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 10:35 AM, Quintile <steve@quintile.net> wrote:
>> I looked at dbus  for an embedded Linux project at work a few years ago, I ran screaming.
>>
>> I convinced them to use an ascii protocol through a virtual file.
>>
>> much nicer.
>>
>> -Steve
>>

>>> On 4 Dec 2014, at 15:15, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult <enrico.weigelt@gr13.net> wrote:
>>>

>>> http://gentooexperimental.org/~patrick/weblog/archives/2014-11.html#e2014-11-23T09_26_01.txt
>>>

>>> --
>>> Enrico Weigelt,
>>> metux IT consulting
>>> +49-151-27565287

* Re: [9fans] dbus fun ;-)
@ 2014-12-06  8:49     ` Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
From: Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult @ 2014-12-06  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On 05.12.2014 17:59, Joseph Stewart wrote:
> Steve... LOVE IT!
> BTW, which "virtual file" system did you use on embedded Linux? LIBIXP?

Is libixp still maintained ?

Many years ago, I've written my own one (libmixp), maybe I'll pick it
up again in a current project.

cu
--
Enrico Weigelt,