* [9fans] Google command line client
@ 2012-03-29 21:36 John Floren
From: John Floren @ 2012-03-29 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Turns out Google command line client
(http://code.google.com/p/googlecl/) works on Plan 9 just fine. All
you need is python (from fgb's contrib, or if you want to risk
potentially out-of-date code I've got a tarball at
http://jfloren.net/contrib/packages/lang/python/root.tgz, just untar
it and copy the files under root/ to the appropriate places)

First, download the gdata client library version 2.0.14
(http://gdata-python-client.googlecode.com/files/gdata-2.0.14.tar.gz).
This is an older version, but it's needed for compatibility reasons.
Untar it, then run "python setup.py install".

Next, download the actual command line client
(http://googlecl.googlecode.com/files/googlecl-0.9.13.tar.gz as of
today), untar it, and once again run "python setup.py install".

You can then run /sys/lib/python/bin/google, which will give you a
prompt. For kicks, you can enter something like 'docs edit --title
"testing" --editor sam' to make and edit a quick text document. The
first time, it will prompt you for an account name and then give you a
link to authorize the client. I couldn't get the authorization link to
work in abaco, I had to enter it in Firefox, but there may be a way to
get abaco to work.

You can also do something like '/sys/lib/python/bin/google calendar
list' from an rc prompt, so whipping up a guide file for Acme will be
very easy.

John

* Re: [9fans] Google command line client
@ 2012-03-29 22:39 ` steve
From: steve @ 2012-03-29 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

cinap produced a smaller faster webfs for use with abaco and my webdav fs,
it has persistant tcp sessions so is much faster, and it also has some auth
code from me that works rather better than the labs code.

highly reccomended.

@ 2012-03-30  0:35   ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2012-03-30  0:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Thu Mar 29 18:41:03 EDT 2012, steve@quintile.net wrote:
> cinap produced a smaller faster webfs for use with abaco and my webdav fs,
> it has persistant tcp sessions so is much faster, and it also has some auth
> code from me that works rather better than the labs code.
>
> highly reccomended.

i made just one or two changes to webfs that made auth work for me
for nearly everything.  there was a small change needed in how error
handling worked, iirc.

- erik