It has passed about a month from we started to use CompactFlash based kfs standalone AUTH server here. The AUTH server is now counted 13650 process number, and has not have no problem so far. I'm now leaning to have convice it is useful for this purpose. If someone wants to make this kind of stanalone AUTH server, I reccommend you to go. To have standalone AUTH server is good for anyone who wants to have multiple file servers, such as Fossil+Venti and Ken's file server. Furthermore, it has no mechanical disks, no floppy, no CDROM, no disk, we have no element to be broken accidentally.☺ Kenji