* RE: [9fans] PNG and APE
@ 2006-04-24  8:24 cej
From: cej @ 2006-04-24  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Thanks, good work!! However, we should try to do native ports for
libraries,
to encourage people to write native progs.

Best,
++pac.

From: erik quanstrom @ 2006-04-26  0:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

a rewritten or from-scratch library can lead it's own life.  there's
no requirement that said library needs to track anything.

- erik

On Tue Apr 25 14:26:19 CDT 2006, lucio@proxima.alt.za wrote:

> Well, if one had unlimited resources, that would be great, but with
> Open Source it is often the case that it's not features but bug fixes
> that come along thick and fast.  Rewriting a library is no small task,
> tracking it when modified isn't much fun either.
>
> That, I'm afraid, is Plan 9's "between a rock and a hard place".
>
> ++L

* [9fans] PNG and APE
@ 2006-04-23 16:51 lucio