Will this project (rc-go?) be hosted at a particular bitbucket/hg repository for pull requests, etc? On 01/31/2016 12:58 AM, Skip Tavakkolian wrote: > Sign me up for testing. > > On Sat, Jan 30, 2016, 5:16 PM Prof Brucee > wrote: > > Any objections to me rewriting rc in go without all known bugs? > > On 31/01/2016 3:36 AM, > wrote: > > in the rc shell, when one has exec statement and the exec > fails, rc tries to > continue interpreting statements after the exec which fails > with a strange > EOF error because in the process of preparing filedescriptors > for exec, > the very fd thats used to read the script was closed. > > burnzez provided an example of this like: > > term% rc -c 'exec doesnotexist; echo test' > doesnotexist: './doesnotexist' directory entry not found > test > rc: /rc/lib/rcmain:29: token EOF: syntax error > > the manpage does not explicitely specify what should happen > when exec fails. > > i did try to have rc open the . script as OCEXEC and that > fixed the > problem, but it wont work for any other redirections and will > have side effects > as the close-on-exec flag is a propery of the channel and not > of the file > descriptor slot. so imagine stuff like . /fd/0... > > i think it would me most resonable to just have rc exit with > error status on > failure. are there any objections to this? > > -- > cinap >