* [9fans] Newbie problems
@ 2007-08-28 12:16 Peter Gentry
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Peter Gentry @ 2007-08-28 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi All,

I came across Plan9 some time ago and have now decided to give it a go.
However, the CD image seems to be broken or corrupted. I have tried
downloading it on different machines but the iso cannot be read although it
has been successfully extracted from the bz2 file.

Also, the following site doesn't work either: -
https://lists.cse.psu.edu/mailman/listinfo/9fans.

Any help on these would be greatly appreciated.

---

Peter

* Re: [9fans] Newbie problems
@ 2007-08-28 12:25 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2007-08-28 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I came across Plan9 some time ago and have now decided to give it a go.
> However, the CD image seems to be broken or corrupted. I have tried
> downloading it on different machines but the iso cannot be read although it
> has been successfully extracted from the bz2 file.
>
> Also, the following site doesn't work either: -
> https://lists.cse.psu.edu/mailman/listinfo/9fans.
>
> Any help on these would be greatly appreciated.

i can confirm both of these facts.  the .bz2 may be properly bzipped
but the image just isn't large enough.

; ls -l plan9*.bz2*
-rw-r--r-- 1 quanstro users  4551165 Aug 28 08:14 plan9.iso.bz2.test
-rw-r--r-- 1 quanstro users 78924028 Feb  6  2006 plan9.iso.bz2

- erik

From: erik quanstrom @ 2007-08-28 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2007-08-28 14:09 ` Noah Evans
From: Noah Evans @ 2007-08-28 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hey Peter,

I can't help you with the image problems. But if you'd like to try
Plan 9 on qemu in the meantime you can check out:
http://www.oszoo.org/wiki/index.php/Plan9_070107.zip and get the
torrented image from there.

Noah

On 8/28/07, Peter Gentry <pgentry@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I came across Plan9 some time ago and have now decided to give it a go.
> However, the CD image seems to be broken or corrupted. I have tried
> downloading it on different machines but the iso cannot be read although it
> has been successfully extracted from the bz2 file.
>
> Also, the following site doesn't work either: -
> https://lists.cse.psu.edu/mailman/listinfo/9fans.
>
> Any help on these would be greatly appreciated.
>
> ---
>
> Peter

* RE: [9fans] Newbie problems
@ 2007-08-29  5:50   ` Peter Gentry
From: Peter Gentry @ 2007-08-29  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Thanks for the tip Noah, I now have Plan9 on Qemu as you suggested.

---