From: Rui Carmo <rui.carmo@gmail.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] RPI faq in words of one syllable?
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 10:37:28 +0000	[thread overview]

Before anyone chimes in to say “just read the docs”, I did that back in early 2016 as a complete newbie to Plan9 and spent a _long_ while hunting down stuff - not on the hardware and purchasing side (I have too many Pis and Arduinos for that to even register), but on the OS and config side.

Flashing the image and getting it to boot once is trivial, even by hobbyist standards.

Configuring it to do something meaningful (like, for instance, logging in to a remote system, keeping backups or getting it on Wi-Fi, which I haven’t tried yet) took me a week, because i had to get into Plan9 first. Sadly, I didn’t keep my notes (they were on a 9p filesystem that I no longer know how to set up in Linux).

I’m inclined to say that getting the hardware and stuff is trivial, but that the rest definitely needs to be grouped together in a guide.

R.