* [9fans] Simon Tatham puzzle collection (port, wip)
@ 2024-05-27 14:06 sirjofri
From: sirjofri @ 2024-05-27 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello everyone,

some of you already know it, but I'm working on a port of the famous Simon Tatham portable puzzle collection to plan 9.

The port uses npe to make things easier, as well as libcontrol to draw widgets (for settings, especially).

The package includes a routine for installing npe on your system, you can ignore that and just manage the npe installation yourself (see README).

Note this is quite an early version and things are missing and buggy. A small list is attached.

You can get the collection on shithub (https://shithub.us/sirjofri/puzzles/HEAD/info.html when it is available again). Please report bugs or - better- send patches.

The list with missing features and bugs. Note that I don't know how to play many of the games and I can't guarantee that the unlisted games don't have any bugs. I just tried to play into all of them to find the obvious issues. Ideally someone who knows a game could dig deeper to help fix the issues.

- installation: mk install is untested. I tested the $O.game files.
- settings. Some are there, others aren't. Currently only text entry and booleans are supported, and no game seed.
- you can get rid of most drawing glitches by pressing the top-left game button
- guess: glitches, playable
- inertia: unplayable (missing draws)
- loopy: crashes (floating point bug)
- map: glitches, playable
- mines: sometimes crashes (assertion)
- net: white screen, unplayable
- netslide: glitches, playable
- pattern: sometimes hangs (?)
- pegs: glitches, playable
- signpost: glitches, playable
- sixteen: glitches, playable
- solo: crashes (bad magic)
- towers: glitches, playable
- tracks: glitches or unplayable?
- twiddle: glitches, playable
- undead: smaller visual bugs
- nullgame is just a stub. Don't play it.

sirjofri

only message in thread, other threads:[~2024-05-27 14:07 UTC | newest]