From: Eris Discordia <eris.discordia@gmail.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] Flash Video
Date: Tue,  3 Feb 2009 10:11:46 +0000	[thread overview]

I don't know of any open source implementations of Flash Player. The
software on each platform and for each browser seems to be (c) Adobe and
closed source. Does an open source implementation, however incomplete,
exist?

Videos embedded in SWF files are encoded in Sorenson's MPEG-4 profile.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sorenson_codec>

--On Monday, February 02, 2009 8:14 AM -0500 "Devon H. O'Dell"