* [9fans] chmod /dev/consctl : Permission Denied
@ 2006-09-17  2:22 Yosyp Bin Laden
From: Yosyp Bin Laden @ 2006-09-17  2:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I need to be able to change permissions of /dev/consctl , and I get a
permission denied.

term% ls -l /dev/consctl
 ----------- M 111 glenda glenda 0 Jan 2 03:30 /dev/consctl

term% chmod 0700 /dev/consctl
chmod: can't wstat /dev/consctl: permission denied

term% chmod 0200 /dev/consctl
chmod: can't wstat /dev/consctl: permission denied

Long story:
I'm emulating Plan9 with qemu, and to get an internet connection I do the
following in Plan9:
 ip/ipconfig
 ndb/dns -r
 ndb/cs

I know that with this, ICMP will not be working, but `telnet
tcp!www.google.com!80` should work:
 term% telnet tcp!www.google.com!80
 connected to tcp!www.google.com!80 on /net/tcp/1
 can't open consctl: '/dev/consctl' permission denied
 can't open consctl: '/dev/consctl' permission denied

I might be going in a whole different direction as to how to get an internet
connection in plan9 under qemu. But I'm lost.

- Yosyp