* Re: [9fans] UPAS, IMAP, and SMTP
@ 2009-02-10  6:50 Akshat Kumar
From: Akshat Kumar @ 2009-02-10  6:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Ah, it seems that if I conduct
	echo open /imaps/... > /mail/fs/ctl
from within Acme, and then load up Mail, it's much slower than doing
the same outside and starting Mail within Acme.  Not sure why.
Regardless, my appologies for prematurely calling the application
slow.  ☺

However,
	echo open '/imaps/imap.gmail.com/user@example.com/All Mail' > /mail/fs/ctl
seems to create /mail/fs/Mail, but says it does not exist when I try
to to access it.  Quite weird.  Is it just a naming problem with the
space, or something different?

Regards,
ak

* Re: [9fans] UPAS, IMAP, and SMTP
@ 2009-02-09  0:57 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2009-02-09  0:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: akumar, 9fans

> Using upas/fs -f /imaps/imap.gmail.com I can access my GMail
> Inbox. The mail structure is posted in /mail/fs/mbox
> However, there may be local mail as well as other labels (i.e., folders)
> in GMail that I would want to access -- it seems that specifying
> a new folder at GMail, i.e.,
>   upas -f /imaps/imap.gmail.com/user@mail.example.com/label
> replaces the /mail/fs/mbox structure with the mail at this new place.
> Is there any way to have these co-exist -- i.e., /mail/fs/mbox for
> the original, and /mail/fs/label for subsequent labels/folders I want
> to access?

yes.  you can have as many mailboxes open as you wish.
once upas/fs is running, you can
	u = user@mail.example.com
	l = label
	echo open /imaps/imap.gmail.com/$u/$l $l>/mail/fs/ctl

in fact if labels is a list you could
	for(i in $labels)
		echo open /imaps/imap.gmail.com/$u/$i $i>/mail/fs/ctl

side note:
upas/nedmail's rules for when to open an already
open folder confused me a little bit.  i changed the
nupas version to prefer an already-open folder over
one in /mail/box/$user to ease using a secondary
imap mailbox.

- erik

* [9fans] UPAS, IMAP, and SMTP
@ 2009-02-09  0:35 Akshat Kumar
From: Akshat Kumar @ 2009-02-09  0:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Using upas/fs -f /imaps/imap.gmail.com I can access my GMail
Inbox. The mail structure is posted in /mail/fs/mbox
However, there may be local mail as well as other labels (i.e., folders)
in GMail that I would want to access -- it seems that specifying
a new folder at GMail, i.e.,
  upas -f /imaps/imap.gmail.com/user@mail.example.com/label
replaces the /mail/fs/mbox structure with the mail at this new place.
Is there any way to have these co-exist -- i.e., /mail/fs/mbox for
the original, and /mail/fs/label for subsequent labels/folders I want
to access?

Next, SMTP: would someone sending mail through GMail be kind
enough to show me their /mail/lib/^(rewrite qmail remotemail) please?
Part of the problem I'm facing in setup is with the From: header --
in remotemail (or somewhere) I need to specify my GMail account name
for smtp to use, and then I need to specify, in my mail, the address
that the mail should actually go as (since I use various names and these
two are different).

ak