* [9fans] old, but fortune candidate
@ 2007-11-15  1:18 Federico Benavento
From: Federico Benavento @ 2007-11-15  1:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Please tell us the operating system you are using.  If you don't tell
use what operating system you are using, then it is natural to assume
that you are using the Plan 9 operating system since the Plan 9
operating system is cool. -- some guy in magick-users mailing-list

http://www.imagemagick.org/pipermail/magick-users/2002-November/006097.html

--
Federico G. Benavento

* Re: [9fans] old, but fortune candidate
@ 2007-11-15  1:49 ` Pietro Gagliardi
From: Pietro Gagliardi @ 2007-11-15  1:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Unfortunately, he did not use Plan 9, he used RHL. I doubt you need
ImageMagick, though, as you only need page to dump the image to the
Plan 9 internal format, and one of togif, tojpg, and toppm (I think
that's what it is)

On Nov 14, 2007, at 8:18 PM, Federico Benavento wrote:

> Please tell us the operating system you are using.  If you don't tell
> use what operating system you are using, then it is natural to assume
> that you are using the Plan 9 operating system since the Plan 9
> operating system is cool. -- some guy in magick-users mailing-list
>
> http://www.imagemagick.org/pipermail/magick-users/2002-November/
> 006097.html
>
> --
> Federico G. Benavento

PS - why not add file downloading to abaco?

* Re: [9fans] old, but fortune candidate
@ 2007-11-15  2:32 ` Pietro Gagliardi
From: Pietro Gagliardi @ 2007-11-15  2:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I sent a patch out.

@ 2007-11-15  3:01   ` Anthony Martin
From: Anthony Martin @ 2007-11-15  3:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> Unfortunately, he did not use Plan 9, he used RHL. I doubt you need
> ImageMagick, though, as you only need page to dump the image to the
> Plan 9 internal format, and one of togif, tojpg, and toppm (I think
> that's what it is)

I think you missed the point.

> PS - why not add file downloading to abaco?

And considering the context, that was rude.

* Re: [9fans] old, but fortune candidate
@ 2007-11-15 19:08   ` Federico Benavento
From: Federico Benavento @ 2007-11-15 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

hola,

> PS - why not add file downloading to abaco?

just because...

what I do is:
1) middle-click in the link;
2) snarf the link from the status tag (with chording);
3) paste the link in some shell and run /n/sources/contrib/fgb/rc/down

have fun.

--
Federico G. Benavento