* [9fans] a toy terminal for OS X
@ 2014-01-15  0:26 Tom Lieber
From: Tom Lieber @ 2014-01-15  0:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

It seemed like it could be fun and educational, so I started making a
9-like terminal for OS X using the native text widget:

  https://github.com/alltom/coolterm

But there are 2 things I’ve had trouble figuring out on my own:

1) Why do programs like ‘python’ show a prompt in 9term but not in my
terminal?

2) Why does bash write your command to stdout? Why doesn’t rc? I use bash,
so I made it erase the command you typed when you press enter, but that
appears to be the wrong thing to do with rc.

There’s other stuff in BUGS.md but I feel more confident about those
things. :)

--
Tom Lieber
http://AllTom.com/