On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 6:55 AM, erik quanstrom wrote: >> When genrandom is running, stats shows a load of around 3000. >> Otherwise, load is always around 2000. > > what are the other two processes that are constantly > running? > > - erik Seems like it might be fossil, but I'm not really sure. Here are two process listings, one while genrandom is running, one when it isn't. (File is attached. Sorry if I'm missing something obvious in the listings!) Oh, and probably unrelated: The console spits out the following lines pretty regularly: LGATTACH edev c0440b90 ctlr c0440dd0 ETHERIN: devno 3 ring 0 irq 34 ETHEROUT: devno 3 ring 0 irq 35 Thanks again for the help and suggestions, Alex -- Alex Lee