* [9fans] docfonts problem
@ 2010-09-09 16:14 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2010-09-09 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

forwarded ...

> I thought I had the typesetting correct, but I had not included the
> macros.  When I do, it completely messes everything up -- like expanding
> two words and having them type over each other (see attached).
>
> I'm running this on plan9port with the command:
>
>  9 troff -mpictures -ms  macros.ms generic.ms  | 9 tr2post | 9
> psfonts > generic.ps
>
> Do you know how to fix this?  If not, do you have source for a TeX paper
> to use as a template so I can format it that way instead?

this doesn't work for me either on p9p, but it does work under
plan 9.  it's a font problem.

after a little experimenting, prepending /sys/doc/docfonts to the ps
before running psfonts helps — at least the bold and title lines are
properly set.

i suspect that there is some sort of font name snafu between p9p and
plan 9.  russ?

- erik

p.s.
i'm not sure why you're including mpictures.  i use the guess-o-matic
way of processing troff/pic/eqn/etc.

	eval 9 `{doctype macros.ms generic.ms}