* Re: [9fans] DNS server domain
@ 2008-03-28 15:03 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2008-03-28 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: matthias-9fs, 9fans

> > the dnsdomain attribute is well-documented.  what i didn't see
> > is the convention for where to hang it in the database.
> > generally, i do this by setting ipnet in /lib/ndb/local.  e.g.
>
> I put it in my ndb/local and it works for the Plan 9 server
>
> % ndb/dnsquery
> > cab
> cab.mteege.de ip	10.8.47.11
>
> But if I query the server from other clients on the same network I've
> got empty results. Is dnsdomain only usefull for "internal" querys?
>
> Matthias

by "other clients" do you mean plan 9 systems or non-plan9 systems?
the default domain is not communicated via dns mechanisms.

- erik

[parent not found: <bf4bf30847a6f4b87df2b584b28687ed@quanstro.net>]
[parent not found: <mailman.1.1206705601.1211.9fans@9fans.net>]
* [9fans] DNS server domain
@ 2008-03-28  8:24 Matthias Teege
From: Matthias Teege @ 2008-03-28  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Moin,

how do I set the "defaultdomain" an a Plan 9 DNS server?

% ndb/dnsquery
> cab
!dns: resource does not exist
> cab.mteege.de