* [9fans] Problem of last update?
@ 2010-01-27 10:12 Pavel Klinkovsky
From: Pavel Klinkovsky @ 2010-01-27 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi all,

the last update damaged my Plan9 installation.
After the logging in the rio should be started but it fails:

aux/vga: vgactlw: <type radeon>: bad VGA control message "type radeon"
rio: can't open display: initdisplay: /dev/draw/new: no frame buffer
init: rc exit status: rio 23: display open

I am running my Plan9 on ThinkPad T30.

Can anyone help, please?

Thanks.

Pavel

* Re: [9fans] Problem of last update?
@ 2010-01-27 12:36 ` Sergey Zhilkin
From: Sergey Zhilkin @ 2010-01-27 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi !

Try to edit plan9.ini

--
С наилучшими пожеланиями
Жилкин Сергей

* Re: [9fans] Problem of last update?
@ 2010-01-27 13:08 ` Pavel Klinkovsky
From: Pavel Klinkovsky @ 2010-01-27 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Try to edit plan9.ini

plan9.ini seems untouched by the last update...

@ 2010-01-27 13:43   ` Pavel Klinkovsky
From: Pavel Klinkovsky @ 2010-01-27 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> you need to add vgaradeon  +cur to your plan9.ini...
> ...i'm sorry.  that's to your kernel configuration
> file *not* plan9.ini.

This line is already present in the kernel configuration file.
Nevertheless, I rebuilt the kernel and the situation is a little bit
different...

aux/vga: short bios read 5 at c006f got -1

Well...

@ 2010-01-27 13:38   ` Pavel Klinkovsky
From: Pavel Klinkovsky @ 2010-01-27 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> i'm sorry.  that's to your kernel configuration
> file *not* plan9.ini.  you'll need to compile a
> kernel, too.

Oh, thanks. Going to try...

Does it mean they removed the support of Radeon card from the kernel
in last update?

@ 2010-01-27 13:11   ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2010-01-27 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Wed Jan 27 08:08:42 EST 2010, quanstro@quanstro.net wrote:
> > aux/vga: vgactlw: <type radeon>: bad VGA control message "type radeon"
> > rio: can't open display: initdisplay: /dev/draw/new: no frame buffer
> > init: rc exit status: rio 23: display open
>
> you need to add vgaradeon	+cur to your plan9.ini.
> pull can be pretty antisocial.

i'm sorry.  that's to your kernel configuration
file *not* plan9.ini.  you'll need to compile a
kernel, too.  evidently my mind is wandering
today.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] Problem of last update?
       [not found] <a3979372-34d3-46ee-893e-7e67b7930128@c29g2000yqd.googlegroups.co>