From: jmk@plan9.bell-labs.com
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] nvidia problems
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 19:53:56 -0400	[thread overview]

yes, that was my conclusion too and i've sent him a patched
aux/vga to try.

in the pci listing he gave, all but the 3com ethernet have an
nvidia vid. i didn't know nvidia made anything other than graphics
chips.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 3206 bytes --]

From: Martin Harriss <martin@Princeton.EDU>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 19:34:37 -0400

Seen this before with an S3 video card.  The system that it was
installed in also had an S3 sound card (unsupported by plan 9, but in
the machine for use by Windows.)  Plan 9 confused the sound card with an
S3 video card.  I posted a fix and the good folks at the Labs put it in
the distribution.  If you look in the S3 driver code it should be
obvious what to do.

Martin