* Re: [9fans] Mail sending (again)
@ 2002-10-28 19:36 Charles Forsyth
From: Charles Forsyth @ 2002-10-28 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

you don't need to use a gateway; certainly i don't
and if you receive this, it works...

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2138 bytes --]

From: adrian <athiele@charter.net>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] Mail sending (again)
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 02:52:45 +0000

I edited my /lib/ndb/local added smtp=smtp.charter.net
edited rewrite.gateway to have !smtp.charter.net instead of !$smtp
cp`d rewrite.gateway to rewrite.
added headers file with "From: athiele@charter.net"

I get no error on sending , but mail doesn`t go anywhere

What am I missing ? Can I just uses smtpd to send my email ? that way I
don`t need
to use a gateway ? It`s just a stand alone machine on a cable modem. I
do that with my Freebsd box and it works correctly.

* Re: [9fans] Mail sending (again)
@ 2002-10-29  3:09 ` adrian
From: adrian @ 2002-10-29  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

can you give me a copy of your smtpd.conf ? And do I set the smtp to
localhost ?
Charles Forsyth wrote:

>you don't need to use a gateway; certainly i don't
>and if you receive this, it works...

> Subject:
> [9fans] Mail sending (again)
> From:
> adrian <athiele@charter.net>
> Date:
> Tue, 29 Oct 2002 02:52:45 +0000
> To:
> 9fans@cse.psu.edu
>

> I edited my /lib/ndb/local added smtp=smtp.charter.net
> edited rewrite.gateway to have !smtp.charter.net instead of !$smtp
> cp`d rewrite.gateway to rewrite.
> added headers file with "From: athiele@charter.net"
>
> I get no error on sending , but mail doesn`t go anywhere
>
> What am I missing ? Can I just uses smtpd to send my email ? that way
> I don`t need
> to use a gateway ? It`s just a stand alone machine on a cable modem. I
> do that with my Freebsd box and it works correctly.

* [9fans] Mail sending (again)
@ 2002-10-29  2:52 adrian