From: Uriel <uriel99@gmail.com>
To: "Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs" <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] fossil permission checking
Date: Thu,  7 Aug 2008 03:36:49 +0200	[thread overview]

There is no 'super-user' in Plan 9, bootes is (for the most part) a
user like any other, that just happens to be the owner of most kernel
file servers. It has no special privileges, in Plan 9 there is nothing
like root that lets you ignore file permissions and so on, the kernel
applies the same rules to everyone.

This is one of the things that were badly broken in the Unix security
model and was fixed in Plan 9. I specially recommend reading the
'Security in Plan 9' paper.

Peace

uriel