From: Uriel <uriel99@gmail.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] Strange rc bug for the 9fans bug-squashing squad
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 12:30:53 +0100	[thread overview]

But parsing is not the big issue (thanks Charles for sending me a
small program that does just that), the issue here is sticking the
results in a variable (or variables), Russ' suggestion would work, but
only in native Plan 9 and not in p9p.

Still, I might be able to hack something up if characters don't get
deleted, which seems like a real bug to me.

But while I don't like arbitrary limits (specially when I hit them
;)), I can understand that for the sake of simplicity it makes sense
to have them and not fall into the 'lets handle every possibility
under the sun' dogma.

Which makes me wonder, would it be excessive to double the current
limit? While 8k is quite ample, 16k would be even more so :)

Thanks everyone for all the ideas and suggestions

uriel