From: Uriel <uriel99@gmail.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] Question about Plan9 project
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 18:59:36 +0200	[thread overview]

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 6:25 PM, Anthony Sorace<anothy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Plan 9 is an open source project

The Plan 9 code base (at least the released parts of it) is open source.

Plan 9 is *not* an open source project, it can hardly be called a
project even: There is no release management, there is no development
process, there is no way to know what anyone is working on, no way to
have any idea of what changes and features to expect in the future or
when, or when any given bug might be fixed, or even a bug database for
that matter, nor a way to know what changes have been made or why
(other than computing your own diffs based on past snapshots).

So you are on your own, you can take the code (while the site happens
to be up, or from a mirror), do whatever you like with it, but that is
all there is and all anyone can count on.

uriel