[parent not found: <<13426df10911291403m64599f85mfcc91325b63a661@mail.gmail.com>]
* [9fans] strangeness on a server
@ 2009-11-29 22:03 ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2009-11-29 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

OK, I'm seeing the following: 1500 syscalls/second, steady disk
activity, pegged really, while I'm not really doing anything, tends to
climb to 10000 (!). This just started 2 days ago when I upgraded ...
it had been a while. dma is enabled.

I'm suspecting venti or fossil or interaction but ... what's a good
way to tell. I also just realized that this is an old disk and I'm
running new venti. I don't have a bloom filter. Will that cause huge
trouble -- it does not seem to have.

I assume it is still safe to write a new config to /dev/sdC0/arenas as
in old venti? I want to set up the http port on venti to a more useful
value for me.

one thing that I don't understand: when it starts up I get a line like this:
mem -1 bcmem 0 icmem 0

Does this point to misconfiguration or will venti do something reasonable here?

thanks

ron