* [9fans] fighting with cpu kernel
@ 2007-02-20 20:39 John Floren
From: John Floren @ 2007-02-20 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I've been trying to get a CPU/auth/file server set up lately, but I'm
having trouble getting the kernel to work properly.
I install using my (slightly old) CD, then do a pull -v to get
updates. I then compile myself a pccpuf kernel, copy it to 9fat, and
try to boot. However, upon booting, I get one of the page-filling VGA
error messages with "mkvbe: '/dev/realmode' file does not exist" at
the top. This only seems to happen when I have the line
boot cpu boot #S/sdC0/
in my pccpuf config file. If I remove the "cpu" from that line and
recompile, I appear to get a cpuserver that runs /rc/bin/termrc
instead of cpurc but boots correctly. If I then run cpurc, things seem
to work properly.
Hints? Suggestions? Help?

John
--
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

* Re: [9fans] fighting with cpu kernel
@ 2007-02-20 20:45 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2007-02-20 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i think you need to add "bind -a '#P' /dev" to /rc/bin/cpurc

- erik