From: Francisco Ballesteros <nemo@lsub.org>
To: paurea@gmail.com,
	Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: Re: [9fans] reliability and failing over.
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 01:02:46 +0200	[thread overview]

Beware of the latency.

Plan B usage shows that latency is the biggest problem.
I admit that only in unions, but if you join N different file servers
in a directory, and then you dup the latency, it may be a problem.
A workaround is just not to join too many servers, but it's a workaround,
not a fix.

Anyway, when I complete volfs we'll see if it´s beareable or not.
If it is, I'll be happy to discard the kernel changes.  If it's not,
we'll have to see why.