* [9fans] My 9pi box
@ 2014-08-09  5:25 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2014-08-09  5:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi, this is my 9pi box made using alluminum
drink bottle, '午後の紅茶(afternoon tea)' .

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] My 9pi box
@ 2014-08-11 17:34     ` Aleksandar Kuktin
From: Aleksandar Kuktin @ 2014-08-11 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>On Sun, 10 Aug 2014 08:35:37 +0900
>kokamoto@hera.eonet.ne.jp wrote:
>
> > Question: does the box drive the screen? If so, what did you use to
> > connect the screen to it? HDMA? USB maybe? :)
>
> It's connected through HDMI with high-vision mode to 20" TV..
> TV may not be good for PC programming, because it is desighned
> to watch from a distans.  The screen is orthodic vertical, and
> my eyes are little bit higher position.
> However, it's very good for short time writing.
> I recommend you to use HDMI, it's easy.
>
> Kenji

Thanks!

--
Svi moji e-mailovi su kriptografski potpisani. Proverite ih.
All of my e-mails are cryptographically signed. Verify them.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: [9fans] My 9pi box
@ 2014-08-11 17:33     ` Aleksandar Kuktin
From: Aleksandar Kuktin @ 2014-08-11 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>On Sat, 9 Aug 2014 19:31:31 +0200
>hiro <23hiro@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I guess you're not aware the rpi has a hdmi port?

Ooops! By bad. I didn't realize I was looking at a Raspberry in
disguise.

--

@ 2014-08-10  4:22   ` Conor Williams
From: Conor Williams @ 2014-08-10  4:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

i d love an auld cup of tea now... all i can find is a botle and a half of
grinola gold blend coffee... fptybo

On Sat, Aug 9, 2014 at 3:43 PM, Aleksandar Kuktin <akuktin@gmail.com> wrote:

> >On Sat, 9 Aug 2014 14:27:02 +0900
> >kokamoto@hera.eonet.ne.jp wrote:
> >
> > I forgot it to attach.
> >
> > Kenji
>
> I like this.
>
> Question: does the box drive the screen? If so, what did you use to
> connect the screen to it? HDMA? USB maybe? :) I've been on the lookout
> for USB screens for a while, in order to make something like you did
> (but not in a can, necessarily).
>
> --
> Svi moji e-mailovi su kriptografski potpisani. Proverite ih.
> All of my e-mails are cryptographically signed. Verify them.
> --
> You don't need an AI for a robot uprising.
> Humans will do just fine.

* Re: [9fans] My 9pi box
@ 2014-08-09 23:35   ` kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2014-08-09 23:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2014-08-09 17:31   ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2014-08-09 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 8/9/14, Aleksandar Kuktin <akuktin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>On Sat, 9 Aug 2014 14:27:02 +0900
>>kokamoto@hera.eonet.ne.jp wrote:
>>
>> I forgot it to attach.
>>
>> Kenji
>
> I like this.
>
> Question: does the box drive the screen? If so, what did you use to
> connect the screen to it? HDMA? USB maybe? :) I've been on the lookout
> for USB screens for a while, in order to make something like you did
> (but not in a can, necessarily).
>
> --
> Svi moji e-mailovi su kriptografski potpisani. Proverite ih.
> All of my e-mails are cryptographically signed. Verify them.
> --
> You don't need an AI for a robot uprising.
> Humans will do just fine.

* Re: [9fans] My 9pi box
@ 2014-08-09 14:43 ` Aleksandar Kuktin
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Aleksandar Kuktin @ 2014-08-09 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>On Sat, 9 Aug 2014 14:27:02 +0900
>kokamoto@hera.eonet.ne.jp wrote:
>
> I forgot it to attach.
>
> Kenji

I like this.

@ 2014-08-09 11:37   ` Steffen Nurpmeso
From: Steffen Nurpmeso @ 2014-08-09 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Shane Morris <edgecomberts@gmail.com> wrote:
 |On Sat, Aug 9, 2014 at 3:27 PM, <kokamoto@hera.eonet.ne.jp> wrote:
 |> I forgot it to attach.

 |Not a bad effort. Gets the job done! And an inventive way to recycle!

Nice handycraft.
Selling pre-prepared tea in aluminium cans could be an effective
way to cut pension costs for the more traditional kind of
population (as in: extinction by heart-attack).
I presume, that is.

--steffen

* Re: [9fans] My 9pi box
@ 2014-08-09  5:30 ` Shane Morris
From: Shane Morris @ 2014-08-09  5:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Not a bad effort. Gets the job done! And an inventive way to recycle!

On Sat, Aug 9, 2014 at 3:27 PM, <kokamoto@hera.eonet.ne.jp> wrote:

> I forgot it to attach.
>
> Kenji

* [9fans] My 9pi box