I'm using a cd image from 30th June. I don't know if these are the right files, but: The contents of /sys/lib/dist/pc/plan9.ini.cd and /sys/lib/dist/pc/plan9.ini both have the argument *nomp=1. Seems to be standard. Is there a possibility to boot from a usb drive? If so, how? I lack the floppy drive to make a customized boot. In the case I don't have that possibility, how do I change the cd image to alter plan9.ini contents and make it bootable again? On 05/07/07, erik quanstrom wrote: > > i'm not sure you can blame the ide/sata controller for this problem. > you're failing before cpuidprint() in main.c so interrupts haven't even > been enabled. you might try *nomp=1 in your plan9.ini file. > > - erik >